Saturday, April 18, 2009

A great day

Today was wonderful! My friend Jen picked me up and me, her and her friend Brittney went to Snoqualmie Falls today. We went to check out the site for her wedding. We hiked the mile to the bottom to look at the falls and it was so gorgeous. It did remind me how TERRIBLY out of shape I am. It was quite the site hiking back up me huffing and puffing up that steep hill. I think I need a trainer again. :-)

We went to Claim Jumpers and ate for only 10 dollars (thanks to a gift card). And we shared everything and ate dinner with our fingers... it was a half of a chicken much easier to just pick it apart. It had to look pretty funny to see three girls eating all that food with their fingers, but who cares about manners during girls day.

We ended the great day with quiet time at a coffee shop in Seattle. I needed a good day away from all the stresses of life right now. Thanks girls!









I forgot to mention that prior to leaving today the family I am currently living with recruited me to help rake the yard. Now this is not a small yard and it was not a simple task. They had used a dethatcher?? Is that correct?? Either way it was the moss remover mabobby. It left a HUGE mess in the yard but I must say did a great job getting the moss out. I raked as fast as I could to get the mess up before Jen got here. But I was SO sweaty and nasty I felt like I needed another shower...oh well I got yucky with the hike anyways. But I am one good raker that's for sure. Ha ha not something I want to do more of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamers, Just read thru all your posts, so will just comment here on them all. Uncle Gale and I just returned from a 10 vacation down in Vegas.

The picture of the falls is just beautiful...thanks for sharing that. It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful day...those kind of days are always fun.

It also sounds like you are getting to do what you always talked about when you would visit down in CA with us. Working with the kids, and seeing your future as a missionary with your great husband. You and Chad are very busy for sure.

Glad you are staying with "family" so you are not so lonely while you wait to be reunited with your husband.

Uncle Gale just came in and ask for help with the laundry..(NO...I will do it..LOL) Love you baby girl, Aunt Terri