Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 1

So today I completed what Seattle Children's calls Day 1. It is pretty much general hospital orientation. It was a bit boring I will admit but I learned more about the hospital and am now even more excited that I am working there. I have some more classes but will be in the ICU on Thursday for my first shift (I hope I'll just be watching).



(I thought it was cool my badge says PICU on it... CRAZY!!!!)

It was a typical day in Seattle lots and lots of rain with a little added lightening late this afternoon. Chad told me he had some fun stormy weather as well, guess the weather wanted us to feel like we were close together *wink* The family I am staying with has been great, I get to eat home cooked meals that I am not cooking. I pretty much lived with this family throughout high school so it is bringing back some fond memories. The bed on the other hand is nothing like my own and I woke feeling like a train had run me over... I bought a mattress pad today. I think I own 4 of those now that are all on various beds. Someday we are going to have mattress pads coming out of our ears (sorry Chad).

Chad is home keeping our pup company and practicing guitar and doing the school thing, can't believe how much we miss each other already (we are such big babies) but hey guess that shows how much we love each other.

Well that was the excitement of day 1 in Redmond, WA. Oh but I think House is on tonight (if its new that would be a big plus in my day).

No comments: