Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Venice Day 1

Chad and I headed out on October 15th for Venice for the start of our Greek cruise. Which was mostly a HUGE gift to us. Lets just say we have a little angel who helped us with this wonderful trip that we will remember forever. Unfortunately, I had had a little cold that I thought I was over and then I got the H1N1 nasal mist two days before we left and then BAM the night before we left I got the aches, low grade fever, dry cough, all the symptoms. Thank goodness it was just the side effects from the live vaccine and not the real H1N1 but on the plane ride over I was feeling pretty crummy.

We got to Venice and we had been up for about 18 hours already but with the time change it was only 11am there so we found our way to our hotel, got a map and walked around the entire island. We couldn't afford other transportation so we just walked. You see Venice island is VERY expensive. What you would pay in dollars is what they pay in euros and you still have to multiply that times 1.5 not fun. But we found our way around and got quite a lot of exercise in. It was a fun adventure. We saw St. Marks Basilica, and so many other churches and places I can't even tell you the names. Our hotel we very old and dingy looking but worked.








Then next day we woke up by 2am because to us it was so make later it was ridiculous. I think we gave up and took showers and left the hotel by 6am and then at the continental breakfast by 8am. Then walked around the city once it woke up at 9am. We found a little post office and Chad learned enough Italian that morning to ask for some stamps to mail his mom a post card that I found that I loved so much. It was pretty fun. We ended up sharing a water taxi that morning we a neat couple that was trying to find their way to the pier to because the correct water buses were not running until later and we would have to transfer and pay for regular buses as well and it would have been a hassle, so we finally got the experience of riding on the canals. It was so fun. I cannot post enough pictures here so I posted all of the pictures in the album to the left "Our Antics"



























Posted by Picasa

No comments: