Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wrapping up 2010

I have so much summing up to do, I really should stay more on top of this thing. 
Lets see to start off with, in November Chad and I hosted our first Thanksgiving.  My mom's side of the family came up to our home.  It was so fun for me to make a Thanksgiving meal.  The homemade gravy didn't turn out as planned but I was able to make something that was at least edible :-) !! 

Lets see next, The Black and White Gala at church.  Every year there is a really neat fancy dance at the church.  You get all dressed up, a cool jazzy band plays, you fellowship, eat and dance.  This year we met a neat couple.  Although we haven't been able to get together with them yet, the Lord blessed me with their testimony that night. 
The second weekend in December Chad and I got our Christmas tree.  The youth group was selling them to raise money for a missions trip.  What a great place to give money for a tree.  We got a big tree this year, it was so fun!  Chad in all his buffness carried it into the house by himself, I would have just gotten in the way.  :-)  I strung the lights though. 



Before Christmas Chad started his multi-engine training.  I'll have to get the picture of the plane off his phone.  He was over the moon excited!  I'm so proud of him.  He is taking a short break from flight instructor training to knock this out while he still has access to VA funds; plus what fun training!

We had a very busy Christmas season.  I was finishing up my old testament class, I did very well praise the Lord, we had family in town for a while, and both Chad and I were working.  We were blessed to have some time off together though.  Chad did get pretty sick the week before Christmas, poor man had a fever for 4 days if not 5.  But he toughed it out and went to my dad's, sister's, and mom's house on Christmas day.  What a trooper. 
I won't go into all the details of the holiday's but we were very blessed and have had some great times with family.  Here are some pictures.














After Christmas we got time with some friends.  My dear friend Bethany came into town and spent a day with me.  She lives in Cali and I miss her all the time so it was wonderful.  She took pictures of Chad and I which I cannot wait to have.  She is so talented and I know we are going to cherish those pictures. 


Then my oldest friend Lauren and her family came over for a visit.  Her son will be two this month (WOW!!!) And she is now expecting her second son, very exciting.  They are a precious family who great hearts for the Lord.  So glad I got to see them.



For New Years I went to my Aunts house for a little gathering, while Chad was with the boys!  He spent New Years day snowboarding!  So happy he got to do that (don't have any pictures of it)!



That about sums it up I think!  Welcome 2011 and may it be a blessed year. 

No comments: