Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another month

Wow!  I can't believe it's already been a month since my last post!  Life has continued as usual.  A few new things, a couple of bumps in the road, and many blessings.

 First bump, we lost the buyer to Chad's house, we are back to square one, but resting in the Lord's hands knowing that he sees the end result.  There has been plenty of frustration along the way, but we are learning the true meaning of TRUST! 

Praise: Chad started his CFI training.  We are not sure how long it will take, it's mostly book work and learning to prepare lessons, teach them, and fly from the right seat!  He will do great, he already teaches me in ways I can understand.  Not that I will ever be a pilot but at least it helps me understand what he is doing up there in those small planes.  I'm so proud of him!!
We are SO close to meeting all our goals and requirements for missionary aviation.  I need to get my bum in gear and start bible classes.  When that is done and Chad is done with CFI hopefully we will be ready to start the process in JULY!!!

Second bump (for me): WORK!  As many of you know Seattle Children's has had a rough go of it lately.  But I'm still extremely proud of my job and the work we do there.  We get to things I never would have imagined.  As a nurse it's very sobering when a BIG mistake happens.  It forces you to recheck yourself and realized that we are taking care of VERY PRECIOUS property every time we walk through those doors.  Not only are they someones beautiful child but the Lord's child and it is my duty to protect them and give them the best care possible.  It's easy to get complacent sometimes! 

We had some family come up to visit the last weekend in September which was nice.  I love that we are getting more time with family lately, when we go to the mission field it will be years before we get to see family.  So we praise God for this time.  Chad took me for a night in Seattle for my birthday.  Since my birthday is during the week and he is going to Arizona this weekend we spent our time together last weekend.  It was wonderful!  He spoiled me this year, what a guy!


Birthday dinner with Papa and Mimi











Bowling with the fam!
 I started BSF (bible study fellowship) this year.  I LOVE IT.  I am actually digging into the scripture and its so great!  I am learning new truths of who God is everyday.  Chad and I are also reading The Forgotten God. Its a great book that our pastor recommended.  Its a powerful reminder that we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and that we forget that too often.  And its true.  I all too often forget that I have a counselor with me every second of the day, to give me wisdom and discernment.  Anyways great book! 

Well that's our update!  Another update letter coming soon. 

No comments: